|Started||Oct 14, 2020|
|Completed||Nov 21, 2020|
|Notes||The knitted fabric is 70% wool and the orange part is scuba. There is a windproof fabric between the main fabric and the lining so the jacket is also suitable for outdoor use.
The final result is different from the original pattern. When made according to the pattern, the jacket became too short in my opinion so I didn't put a belt on it - so far.
I also added elbow pads to the jacket so that the woolen fabric would not break.
The mouth of the sleeve would have been really wide compared to the vest part of the jacket. So I sewed pleats into it in the same style as on the shoulder. Admittedly, I made the shoulder folds as fake folds. Because the jacket is so short I didn’t put a fake pocket at all on side but added a chest pocket to the wool part. And there are, of course, hidden pockets on the lining.
It may be that I add a belt to the hem if I find a suitable buckle.
I was also thinking of making some kind of belt bag or something nice because there was a little bit of fabric left.