|Started||Oct 3, 2017|
|Completed||Oct 8, 2017|
|Notes||My very first lekala-project resulted in a nice jacket - but unfortunately much too big for me. I guess I was too much impressed by all the customizing options of Lekala patterns and didn't check the fitting during the sewing process.
After more than six months I was ready to restart the project: means to buy a new pattern in size 36 with very few customizing, open almost every seam of the project and resize most parts of the fabric and the whole lining.
As you can see in one of the pics, the main difference between the old and the new pattern is the front side part. The new one is much smaller and shorter. Corresponding, the new sleeves are much smaller and much more appropriate to my petite size.
The main issues in the makeover process were the buttonwholes. I didn't want to open the whole front part with the collar, but wanted to get rid off the 3rd buttonwhole which was now too close to the 2nd buttonwhole. After some trial and error I decided to applicate a decorative ribbon in horizontal line and cover the remaining two buttons with the same material. To my mind it's now even a more modern finish I would have never thought of without that pattern resizing detour.
My conclusion: Upcycling is a thrilling new challenge :-)
Two fabric covered buttons
Welcome, Guest | You have 0