Online Sewing Pattern Designer

Bridal Party Dresses

Name Bridal Party Dresses
Status finished
Happiness
Started Jul 4, 2017
Completed Jul 23, 2017
Progress 100 %
Privacy public
Notes 3 dressed made with a knit interlock topped with a stretch lace. Due to stretch I should be safe to skip the zippers and will be treating the two layerss one when sewing to simplify the process.
Update:
I added knit interfacing to the neck bands to provide a little more body to the fabric. The knit fabric did present some fit issues and darts were added to the back bodice to provide a smoother fit. Because of the vertical stretch in my fabrics I ended up stitching elastic onto empire seam in the front of the dress.

Users Comments

  • Anne-Marie Dionne

    Very well done!

  • MegsInStitches

    Yes it is ambitious, 22 days to the wedding and I also have a romper to sew for the hoborary flower girl (7 month old). I am putting the other bridesmaids to work with pattern prep sowe can get things done quickly.
    I usually use glue ticks to baste my fabric together as I cant find wash away hem tape locally. The glue sticks wash away nicely but it can gum the needle.

  • JdT

    Hello! This is an ambitious project! I clicked on it because of the picture of the wonderful fabric, I love it! The so called "wonder tape" which is a tape with two sticky sides is perfect to hold in place this kind of fabric, instead of pins. It can be a great help I recommend it, and it disappears at the first wash. You have different brands