|Naam||Blue cotton satin pants|
|Gestart||17 aug. 2021|
|Afgerond||21 sep. 2021|
|Notities||The first try of this pattern was a disaster, I had to drop it, somehow it was too baggy in the back under the elastic, above the buttocks. I tried removing fabric but then i could not fit in. So I tried inserting a zipper and removed some fabric but it didn’t work I ruined pockets while doing it. I have it another try and start from scratch. Same baggy bottom issue. I suppose this pattern doesn’t work well with hourglass shape … I have 18 cms between waist and hip measurements currently. I don’t think it is a real hourglass.
Anyway now I removed the original waistband, added a fly zipper, and drafting a new waistband.
Narrowed the legs as personal preference. The legs are wide and straight, wider than on the line drawing!
Update : I have drafted a 3 cm wide straight waistband but next time I have to make a curved one because this is not super. Also added darts to the buttocks.
I think I can make it a wearable muslin that is actually « wearable « and not awful. However I already see I will have to shorten the front crotch length next time. I think I have got it Ok this time !