|Name||Summer dress in vintage Oxford stripe|
|Started||Aug 14, 2021|
|Completed||Aug 16, 2021|
|Notes||Having bought an estate lot of vintage fabric, I've set myself a goal of using it creatively. This summer dress in vintage cotton Oxford stripe is airy and cool, perfect for hot August days.
The good: Ordered this pattern with custom measurements and adjustments (lowered bust point, increased upper arm circumference.) All the pieces went together well, especially the sleeves, which went in like butter. (I did find that I had to ignore the registration mark for the shoulder seam, but otherwise had no trouble setting in.) Fit was perfect straight off the printer - which I had honestly worried over, having no bust darts to shape the bodice. I love the curved waist seam, which gives a fun boho vibe.
The bad: Had a bit of a mishap on the L side of the button placket, where my gathering wasn't even and the stripes don't match well. (I think I might be the only one to notice; at least, I hope so. Considered ripping out and just couldn't face it.) I did decide to cut the upper back as one piece on the fold instead of seaming two pieces, because, you know - stripes. I think the addition of pockets would also improve it, and if I decide to make this up again will probably add them into the side seams.
The ugly: Nothing! I'm thrilled with my new make. After my last experience with a custom pattern and some wonky scaling, I was a little apprehensive, but Lekala came through again.